This information is for Returning Students who have completed JIBC courses prior to July 1, 2015, do not have a new JIBC Student Number (ex. your student number begins with the number '1'), and are interested obtaining their student information, taking additional courses, looking for new JIBC course codes, and/or applying for a JIBC Program.
JIBC students who have completed courses or programs prior to July 1, 2015 will need to obtain a new JIBC Student Number. Their previous student number will no longer be usable in JIBC's new Student Information System.
After July 1, 2015, Returning Students will automatically receive a new Student Number when they:
- Register for a Continuing Studies Course;
- Apply and be accepted into a JIBC Program;
- Are enrolled in a contract training course or program by their employer.
Students looking to obtain their unofficial transcripts of courses completed before April 1, 2015 are asked to complete the Help Request Form and select the "Unofficial Transcript" category.
Grades for courses completed after April 1, 2015 should be available when you log in to the myJIBC Portal, access WebAdvisor and select “Academic Profile" as shown below:
Click on "Transcript" to obtain your Unofficial Transcript:
For an Official Transcript (signed and sealed) please use the Request for Official Transcript form.
As of July 1, 2015, JIBC changed its course codes as part of the Institute’s migration to a new Student Information System. If you are familiar with an old Course Code for a course, you can look up the new Course Code online at our dedicated Course Code Search webpage.
Students who are looking to register in a JIBC Continuing Studies course can do so by using the JIBC Course Catalogue.
Here is a step-by-step guide to assist in registering for your course:
- After you have searched the JIBC Course Catalogue and found the course you are interested in, click the "Register" button for the Course Section you would like to take.
- After you click the Register link, You will be directed to JIBC's WebAdvisor Service. Select the Course Section and then click "Submit."
- Next, complete the Citizenship Form. If you are a Canadian student, make sure you select Canadian/Permanent Resident in order to receive Canadian tuition rates. Once you have completed the form, click “Submit."
- Complete the “Continuing Studies Registration Form” and click "Submit."
- Complete the “Optional Information” Form and click “Submit.”
- Complete your registration by paying for your course online with the “Pay for Classes” Form and Paypal Payment Information Form.
- Following completion of your registration.
After you have completed your registration process, you will receive a confirmation of your registration via email and subsequent communications from JIBC will provide information about your course.
Last updated October 5, 2015